May 13, 1985
Taking advantage of the 1872 Mining Law and the exemption in the Wilderness Act, U.S. Borax and the American Smelting and Refining Company want to mine in Montana's Cabinet Mountains.
The recent decline in Idaho's wood-products industry helps explain why the industry and the Idaho congressional delegation led by Republican Sen. James McClure have fought so fiercely against additional wilderness.
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River
- Dale Lockwood on Rural cops get militarized
- C.C. Havens on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Robb Cadwell on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?