Since the late 1800s when Patty Kluver's ancestors and thousands of other pioneer families established ranches across the West, there have been few real changes in that way of life. Now the region is convulsed by change. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/17.7/download-entire-issue
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands