Layoffs at Umetco Minerals Corp.'s uranium mine in Uravan, Colo., may close the operation before high radiation levels and waste disposal problems do. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/17.2/download-entire-issue
- Tom Schweich on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?