October 14, 1985
Half of Utah -- and the vast majority of its BLM wilderness candidates -- lies in the hotly contested and spectacular Colorado Plateau.
Exxon's construction of one of the largest natural gas processing plants in North America has arrived in southwest Wyoming, bringing with it a mixture of wealth and dismay.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought