An anonymous tipster calling himself Deep Root is tying up phone lines in newsrooms across the country with his message that there is a conspiracy within the Forest Service to build roads in all areas Congress has not designated as wilderness. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/17.1/download-entire-issue
- Tom Schweich on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?