It does no good when environmentalists such as Jon Marvel use billboards. I quote from him: "I loved it ... the open spaces, the beautiful mountain vistas ..." (HCN, 8/2/99). He hates to see pristine creeks sullied by cattle. How about pristine views?
Many make the argument the billboards are already there. My answer to that is simple: using them legitimizes them. It makes no sense to fight one form of pollution by using another. A little less hypocrisy, please, would be in order.
- Tsoi Tawodi on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- W John Faust on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost