It does no good when environmentalists such as Jon Marvel use billboards. I quote from him: "I loved it ... the open spaces, the beautiful mountain vistas ..." (HCN, 8/2/99). He hates to see pristine creeks sullied by cattle. How about pristine views?
Many make the argument the billboards are already there. My answer to that is simple: using them legitimizes them. It makes no sense to fight one form of pollution by using another. A little less hypocrisy, please, would be in order.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation