It does no good when environmentalists such as Jon Marvel use billboards. I quote from him: "I loved it ... the open spaces, the beautiful mountain vistas ..." (HCN, 8/2/99). He hates to see pristine creeks sullied by cattle. How about pristine views?
Many make the argument the billboards are already there. My answer to that is simple: using them legitimizes them. It makes no sense to fight one form of pollution by using another. A little less hypocrisy, please, would be in order.
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy