It does no good when environmentalists such as Jon Marvel use billboards. I quote from him: "I loved it ... the open spaces, the beautiful mountain vistas ..." (HCN, 8/2/99). He hates to see pristine creeks sullied by cattle. How about pristine views?
Many make the argument the billboards are already there. My answer to that is simple: using them legitimizes them. It makes no sense to fight one form of pollution by using another. A little less hypocrisy, please, would be in order.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust