You owe Jon Marvel an apology (HCN, 8/2/99). It was irresponsible of you to have published an unattributed quotation comparing him to a war criminal. As an editor, I consider it a libelous statement.
Jon Marvel is motivated by love of the West - the land and the people, including future generations - in his fine environmental conservation work. You correctly point this out later in your article.
I am a member of Idaho Watersheds Project because I believe in the goals of preserving land and water in the West from overgrazing and because of the smart and imaginative, caring, humorous, calm, and persevering ways Jon Marvel has gone about achieving the goals of environmental conservation.
Ithaca, New York
The writer is a senior manuscript editor for Cornell University Press.
- Dale Lockwood on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Ed Morrow on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Kate Schimel on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence