I must respond to the article "Home, home on the range where neo-Nazis and skinheads roam" (HCN, 6/27/94).
I am a member of the most discriminated against group in this country - the white male. I am 77 years old and served in combat in Europe during WWII. I did not volunteer to fight for the erosion of freedom, which is increasing at an alarming rate. Bureaucracy is running amok in this country.
I do not condone much of what these splinter groups are promoting, but someone needs to be doing something to reclaim states' rights. It has been said that a frog, placed in a container of cold water, will not move as the heat is turned up and will remain placid until he is cooked. We're being had by degrees.
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Deb Dedon on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- Deb Dedon on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Daniel Smith on A door squeaks open for rural energy independence