I must respond to the article "Home, home on the range where neo-Nazis and skinheads roam" (HCN, 6/27/94).
I am a member of the most discriminated against group in this country - the white male. I am 77 years old and served in combat in Europe during WWII. I did not volunteer to fight for the erosion of freedom, which is increasing at an alarming rate. Bureaucracy is running amok in this country.
I do not condone much of what these splinter groups are promoting, but someone needs to be doing something to reclaim states' rights. It has been said that a frog, placed in a container of cold water, will not move as the heat is turned up and will remain placid until he is cooked. We're being had by degrees.
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution