October 1, 1984
A report on the Institute of the American West's conference, Parks in the West and American Culture.
The Public Service Commission's denial of Montana Power Company's $92 million rate increase may be the least of the utility's problems. Buried in the back of the commission's harsh, accusing 120-page decision is a clear sign that the PSC may never let MPC sell Colstrip's power to its customers.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town