There is wide agreement that rangers performing frontcountry "road patrol" duties need to be trained as full-fledged law enforcement officers. But many current and former NPS employees are deeply disgusted that the agency's paranoia has extended into remote wilderness areas where incidents requiring the use of lethal force are virtually non-existent.
My hat is off to you for having the guts to print a cartoon that, while offensive to some, tells it like it is.
South Lake Tahoe, California
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story
- Dana Lang on The Quileute Reservation copes with tourists brought by "Twilight"
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho