There is wide agreement that rangers performing frontcountry "road patrol" duties need to be trained as full-fledged law enforcement officers. But many current and former NPS employees are deeply disgusted that the agency's paranoia has extended into remote wilderness areas where incidents requiring the use of lethal force are virtually non-existent.
My hat is off to you for having the guts to print a cartoon that, while offensive to some, tells it like it is.
South Lake Tahoe, California
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep