There is wide agreement that rangers performing frontcountry "road patrol" duties need to be trained as full-fledged law enforcement officers. But many current and former NPS employees are deeply disgusted that the agency's paranoia has extended into remote wilderness areas where incidents requiring the use of lethal force are virtually non-existent.
My hat is off to you for having the guts to print a cartoon that, while offensive to some, tells it like it is.
South Lake Tahoe, California
- Armin Gollannek on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Marcia Ewell on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals
- Todd McMahon on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.
- Steve McCarthy on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- jim bolen on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up