I can definitely do without dumb poorly drawn cartoons by Jim Stiles (HCN, 5/24/99). First, I'm sure the Park Service rangers do not take it upon themselves to raise fees, and they do need more money because there are more people using our facilities. Second, they may "pack" guns because, let's face it, there are a heck of a lot of near-psychos out there that think all of this is their personal property and they deeply resent any controls. Third, they wear those "silly" hats so tourists can spot them.
Hooray for park rangers; I think we need more of them!
Randolph F. Edwards
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?