I can definitely do without dumb poorly drawn cartoons by Jim Stiles (HCN, 5/24/99). First, I'm sure the Park Service rangers do not take it upon themselves to raise fees, and they do need more money because there are more people using our facilities. Second, they may "pack" guns because, let's face it, there are a heck of a lot of near-psychos out there that think all of this is their personal property and they deeply resent any controls. Third, they wear those "silly" hats so tourists can spot them.
Hooray for park rangers; I think we need more of them!
Randolph F. Edwards
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust