I can definitely do without dumb poorly drawn cartoons by Jim Stiles (HCN, 5/24/99). First, I'm sure the Park Service rangers do not take it upon themselves to raise fees, and they do need more money because there are more people using our facilities. Second, they may "pack" guns because, let's face it, there are a heck of a lot of near-psychos out there that think all of this is their personal property and they deeply resent any controls. Third, they wear those "silly" hats so tourists can spot them.
Hooray for park rangers; I think we need more of them!
Randolph F. Edwards
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Heather Brenner on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Louis F Good on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Warren Anderson on Canadian water for California’s drought?
- Joel Barnes on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Louis F Good on Oath Keepers show up for a public lands dispute in Oregon