I can definitely do without dumb poorly drawn cartoons by Jim Stiles (HCN, 5/24/99). First, I'm sure the Park Service rangers do not take it upon themselves to raise fees, and they do need more money because there are more people using our facilities. Second, they may "pack" guns because, let's face it, there are a heck of a lot of near-psychos out there that think all of this is their personal property and they deeply resent any controls. Third, they wear those "silly" hats so tourists can spot them.
Hooray for park rangers; I think we need more of them!
Randolph F. Edwards
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk