By reorganizing the Office of Surface Mining and by attacking the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977, the Reagan administration has rolled back national standards for controlling coal strip mining. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/15.9/download-entire-issue
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?