March 1, 1999
David Brower tells us all environmental victories are temporary and all defeats permanent. This special issue tests that proposition, with feature articles on environmentalists seeking consensus on how to restore to the Coconino National Forest near Flagstaff, Ariz., to health after a huge forest fire, and an effort in southeastern Oregon to bring together environmentalists, ranchers and BLM staffers to find a way to restore the badly overgrazed landscape.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust