The public comment period for listing the lynx ends Nov. 16. For information call Lori Nordstrom at the Fish and Wildlife Service in Helena, Mont., at 406/449-5225, ext. 208. Send comments to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Lynx), 100 North Park, Suite 320, Helena, MT 59601.
* Mark Matthews
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics