For a free copy of the 29-page report, contact Larry Bohlen at the Sierra Club's Challenge to Sprawl Campaign, P.O. Box 1227, College Park, MD 20741 (301/445-1548), or www.sierraclub.org/transportation.
* Gabriel Ross
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land