The Northern Alaska Environmental Center is based at 218 Driveway St., Fairbanks, AK 99701 (907/452-5021). You can visit their Web site at www.mosquitonet.com/~naec.
* Stanley Yung
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics