Shame on you for printing the bureaucratic babble Fees Please Visitors ... without giving equal time to Scott Silver (Bulletin Board, HCN, 6/22/98). I worked for the Park Service, BLM and Forest Service for a quarter of a century. I know self-serving government propaganda when I see it. Even if their new fee program is an "unqualified success," it's only because the general public is not privy to many of the shenanigans being pulled on their public lands. The report claims "new fees did not appear to turn many visitors away." That's almost laughable. Who gathered that "data'? My fellow rangers used to call it pseudo-science.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day