Shame on you for printing the bureaucratic babble Fees Please Visitors ... without giving equal time to Scott Silver (Bulletin Board, HCN, 6/22/98). I worked for the Park Service, BLM and Forest Service for a quarter of a century. I know self-serving government propaganda when I see it. Even if their new fee program is an "unqualified success," it's only because the general public is not privy to many of the shenanigans being pulled on their public lands. The report claims "new fees did not appear to turn many visitors away." That's almost laughable. Who gathered that "data'? My fellow rangers used to call it pseudo-science.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation