Richard Manning (HCN, 7/25/94) says "a national boycott of gold would make many of our environmental worries go away, as if by magic." He should carry it even further.
What about silver? It is mainly a by-product of other mining, so we could also eliminate copper and other metals to help protect the environment. We could move on to trees, eliminating newspapers, and electricity, doing away with coal mining. Finally, let's just give up on living and save the whole world from humans.
Daniel A. Chalfant
- Keith Barefoot on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Greg Graves on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Beth & George Broyles on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Bill Azevedo on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town