Richard Manning (HCN, 7/25/94) says "a national boycott of gold would make many of our environmental worries go away, as if by magic." He should carry it even further.
What about silver? It is mainly a by-product of other mining, so we could also eliminate copper and other metals to help protect the environment. We could move on to trees, eliminating newspapers, and electricity, doing away with coal mining. Finally, let's just give up on living and save the whole world from humans.
Daniel A. Chalfant
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- E D Coleman on Sagebrush Insurgency connections
- Mark Rozman on Did Colorado leave residents of the Raton Basin with bad water?
- Kate Schimel on Hope fades for Klamath River accords