Richard Manning (HCN, 7/25/94) says "a national boycott of gold would make many of our environmental worries go away, as if by magic." He should carry it even further.
What about silver? It is mainly a by-product of other mining, so we could also eliminate copper and other metals to help protect the environment. We could move on to trees, eliminating newspapers, and electricity, doing away with coal mining. Finally, let's just give up on living and save the whole world from humans.
Daniel A. Chalfant
- Deb Dedon on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- Deb Dedon on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Daniel Smith on A door squeaks open for rural energy independence
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Rick Beauheim on EPA says fracking could contaminate drinking water