Richard Manning (HCN, 7/25/94) says "a national boycott of gold would make many of our environmental worries go away, as if by magic." He should carry it even further.
What about silver? It is mainly a by-product of other mining, so we could also eliminate copper and other metals to help protect the environment. We could move on to trees, eliminating newspapers, and electricity, doing away with coal mining. Finally, let's just give up on living and save the whole world from humans.
Daniel A. Chalfant
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust