Richard Manning (HCN, 7/25/94) says "a national boycott of gold would make many of our environmental worries go away, as if by magic." He should carry it even further.
What about silver? It is mainly a by-product of other mining, so we could also eliminate copper and other metals to help protect the environment. We could move on to trees, eliminating newspapers, and electricity, doing away with coal mining. Finally, let's just give up on living and save the whole world from humans.
Daniel A. Chalfant
- Larry Glickfeld on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Five reasons to be optimistic about climate change
- Ray Nelson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations