February 19, 1982
A special issue on Utah, with articles on a proposed nuclear waste disposal facility near Canyonlands National Park, illegal workers, a controversial land swap, and Utah Governor Scott Matheson.
The U.S. Department of Energy may build a nuclear waste storage facility in Davis or Lavender canyons, near Utah's Canyonlands National Park.
Utah officials are skeptical of federal legislation that would limit the undocumented, illegal workers who figure centrally in the state's agricultural economy.
- John W Stephens on Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born