February 19, 1982
A special issue on Utah, with articles on a proposed nuclear waste disposal facility near Canyonlands National Park, illegal workers, a controversial land swap, and Utah Governor Scott Matheson.
The U.S. Department of Energy may build a nuclear waste storage facility in Davis or Lavender canyons, near Utah's Canyonlands National Park.
Utah officials are skeptical of federal legislation that would limit the undocumented, illegal workers who figure centrally in the state's agricultural economy.
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Gene Sengstake on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas