November 27, 1981
A special issue on Colorado, with articles on the oil shale boom on Battlement Mesa, dueling small-town newspapers, Colorado politics, and Denver's waster policy.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation