October 30, 1981
A special issue on Montana, with articles on the Rocky Mountain Front, the Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge, cattle and coal, and Anaconda's bars.
The Rocky Mountain Front's Pine Butte Swamp, an area facing oil development, is the last place in the contiguous United States where grizzly bears come down from the mountains to forage in the lowlands.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Dale Lockwood on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Regina Johnson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species
- Charles Fox on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators