Good news about the osprey -- which was almost wiped out as a species in some parts of the U.S. before the pesticide DDT was banned in 1972 -- is good news about man and the environment. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/12.7/download-entire-issue
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land