November 10, 1997
The proposal to drain Lake Powell is exhilarating because of the debate it will inspire: A careful study of the history of the Colorado River Basin and Glen Canyon Dam reveals that the hated dam may have had some good consequences, while those who remember and still mourn for drowned Glen Canyon find new allies in the fight to destroy the dam and restore the canyon.
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars