November 10, 1997
The proposal to drain Lake Powell is exhilarating because of the debate it will inspire: A careful study of the history of the Colorado River Basin and Glen Canyon Dam reveals that the hated dam may have had some good consequences, while those who remember and still mourn for drowned Glen Canyon find new allies in the fight to destroy the dam and restore the canyon.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust