A statistic on how modern cowboys ride the range: Wyoming leads the nation in fleet mentality (more vehicles than total residents), as well as miles behind the wheel (the average licensed driver in Wyoming drove enough miles in 1993 to get to Tierra del Fuego and back).
As for mental health, the amenity-rich Rocky Mountain region has by far the highest suicide rate. Nevada consistently leads the nation in suicide, and in the 1993 rankings, Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho and Colorado held the rest of the top spots, second through seventh nationally.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation