In Ed Marston's review of Rangeland Health (HCN, 4/9/94), the term "handmaiden" pejoratively described the relationship between range science and the livestock industry. Why this female gendered word? Why not use "servant" or "lackey" or "busboy'? Are most range scientists female? I think not.
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town