Redmond, a minister, credits his victory to a strong stand on family values. But a large turnout for Green Party candidate Carol Miller, who took 17 percent of the vote, also helped him beat Democrat Eric Serna in a district where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-to-1. Serna received 40 percent of the vote, Redmond 43 percent.
- Mark Rozman on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Kent Matowitz on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart
- Kent Matowitz on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on How Shelton Johnson became the Buffalo Soldiers’ champion