Redmond, a minister, credits his victory to a strong stand on family values. But a large turnout for Green Party candidate Carol Miller, who took 17 percent of the vote, also helped him beat Democrat Eric Serna in a district where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-to-1. Serna received 40 percent of the vote, Redmond 43 percent.
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jim Schumont on Stop the rock-stacking
- Kate Schimel on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness