Redmond, a minister, credits his victory to a strong stand on family values. But a large turnout for Green Party candidate Carol Miller, who took 17 percent of the vote, also helped him beat Democrat Eric Serna in a district where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-to-1. Serna received 40 percent of the vote, Redmond 43 percent.
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Fred Swanson on Is tech ruining the wilderness?
- Rick Masters on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson