The nonprofit Grand Canyon Trust, which commissioned the random telephone survey, notes that Native American households were underrepresented because few have phones. A free copy of the 22-page survey ($2 postage) can be ordered from the trust's headquarters at 520/774-7488.
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy