The 12 protesters all served jail sentences ranging from seven to 20 days.
"It's a pretty major victory," says cleared activist and Cove-Mallard Coalition staffer Mike Bowersox, 33. He says it means the Forest Service "won't be able to use closures to suppress our ability to monitor what they're doing on public lands."
* Sarah Dry
- Michael Welsh on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River