The 12 protesters all served jail sentences ranging from seven to 20 days.
"It's a pretty major victory," says cleared activist and Cove-Mallard Coalition staffer Mike Bowersox, 33. He says it means the Forest Service "won't be able to use closures to suppress our ability to monitor what they're doing on public lands."
* Sarah Dry
- Adam on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Robin Switzer on Humans and ecosystems mix it up on the U.S. - Mexico Borderlands
- Mark York on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest
- Greg Arnold on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- Sophia Bogner on Tribes win one fight, lose another in pipeline protest