The 12 protesters all served jail sentences ranging from seven to 20 days.
"It's a pretty major victory," says cleared activist and Cove-Mallard Coalition staffer Mike Bowersox, 33. He says it means the Forest Service "won't be able to use closures to suppress our ability to monitor what they're doing on public lands."
* Sarah Dry
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy