The 12 protesters all served jail sentences ranging from seven to 20 days.
"It's a pretty major victory," says cleared activist and Cove-Mallard Coalition staffer Mike Bowersox, 33. He says it means the Forest Service "won't be able to use closures to suppress our ability to monitor what they're doing on public lands."
* Sarah Dry
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico