The 12 protesters all served jail sentences ranging from seven to 20 days.
"It's a pretty major victory," says cleared activist and Cove-Mallard Coalition staffer Mike Bowersox, 33. He says it means the Forest Service "won't be able to use closures to suppress our ability to monitor what they're doing on public lands."
* Sarah Dry
- Wendy Beye on Another Yellowstone River oil spill
- Harvey H Reading on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep
- irene gilbert on Critical mule deer research relies on fundraising
- Micaela Fischer on The Unusual Occupation at Utah’s Book Cliffs
- Larry Bullock on Wyoming grazing dispute threatens bighorn sheep