Climate Change and the West
California, Arizona and Nevada are back in negotiations about the dwindling Colorado River water supply.
It has dwindled faster than experts have seen in nearly four decades, which could upset reservoir management.
Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
As the climate warms, mosquitoes thrive, and communities try to figure out how to prevent disease outbreak.
The unexpected stay, plus attempts to block Obama from appointing a Supreme Court justice, energized greens.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
In California, native and endemic plants are slower to shift their ranges in response to climate change, a study shows.
- Marcia Ewell on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals
- Todd McMahon on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.
- Steve McCarthy on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- jim bolen on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up
- Lance Pysher on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.