Climate Change and the West
Flooding a dry riverbed restored vegetation, but released significant amounts of methane and carbon dioxide.
Government regulations forced the Yup’ik to give up their semi-nomadic existence. Now, the land where they settled is vanishing.
- Eric Haggstrom on Balancing the pulls of domesticity and wilderness
- Toby Thaler on Nuclear power divides California’s environmentalists
- Jim Bolen on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Eric Haggstrom on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Patricia Clabaugh on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?