Climate Change and the West
Flooding a dry riverbed restored vegetation, but released significant amounts of methane and carbon dioxide.
Government regulations forced the Yup’ik to give up their semi-nomadic existence. Now, the land where they settled is vanishing.
In Oregon, a cluster of lakes is drying up — with dire impacts for the millions of migrating birds that survive off them.
- Nancie McCormish on EPA freezes grants, contracts
- Grant Medlin on House Republicans want to ‘repeal and replace’ the ESA
- Kate Schimel on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Gretchen King on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Joe Cosentino on EPA freezes grants, contracts