Climate Change and the West
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
The war between the fossil fuel industry and Big Green may boil down to who can tell the best story.
As climate change sends bears searching for calories, new research suggests there's no substitute for seals.
Former Reclamation Commissioner Daniel Beard tells how defunct water policy, and the bureau itself, contribute to drought.
A mysterious algae known as “rock snot” is smothering wild rivers — and may hold clues to their future.
Blazes in California and Utah have officials on alert, but what they spell for the coming season is unclear.
- Greg Graves on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- John W Stephens on Ranch Diaries: How to coexist with wild animals
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Bryan Daneman on Scarcity and survival reign in ‘The Water Knife’
- Krista Langlois on Idaho mining dispute raises questions about the future of wilderness