Climate Change and the West
California, Arizona and Nevada are back in negotiations about the dwindling Colorado River water supply.
It has dwindled faster than experts have seen in nearly four decades, which could upset reservoir management.
Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
As the climate warms, mosquitoes thrive, and communities try to figure out how to prevent disease outbreak.
The unexpected stay, plus attempts to block Obama from appointing a Supreme Court justice, energized greens.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
In California, native and endemic plants are slower to shift their ranges in response to climate change, a study shows.
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Katherine Fiveash on Ranch Diaries: How to have a clear head and rested heart
- Kent Matowitz on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on How Shelton Johnson became the Buffalo Soldiers’ champion
- Ruby Ram on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Mark Rozman on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies