Climate Change and the West
The unexpected stay, plus attempts to block Obama from appointing a Supreme Court justice, energized greens.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
In California, native and endemic plants are slower to shift their ranges in response to climate change, a study shows.
Where enviros are uniting with social justice and tribal rights activists in the Northwest to stop new fossil fuel development.
California’s Aliso Canyon is a reminder that methane emissions are widespread, poorly regulated — and ongoing.
- Doug Johnson on It’s time to put a price on carbon
- Joe Cosentino on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands
- Doug Johnson on Go ahead, control my guns
- Karl Anderson on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands
- Gus Dizerega on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building