Climate Change and the West
Government regulations forced the Yup’ik to give up their semi-nomadic existence. Now, the land where they settled is vanishing.
In Oregon, a cluster of lakes is drying up — with dire impacts for the millions of migrating birds that survive off them.
In Colorado’s oil- and gas-producing counties, science teachers broach a thorny subject in their own backyard.
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Mike Carnall on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- John F Mijer on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems