Climate Change and the West
California, Arizona and Nevada are back in negotiations about the dwindling Colorado River water supply.
It has dwindled faster than experts have seen in nearly four decades, which could upset reservoir management.
Ocean acidification, driven by global fossil fuel emissions, is being exacerbated by local pollution.
As the climate warms, mosquitoes thrive, and communities try to figure out how to prevent disease outbreak.
The unexpected stay, plus attempts to block Obama from appointing a Supreme Court justice, energized greens.
The project could divert 86,000 acre-feet from Lake Powell to the retirement community of St. George.
In California, native and endemic plants are slower to shift their ranges in response to climate change, a study shows.
- Linda G Johnson on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Paul Maurer on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Dylan Buchanan on In this season of potential megaburns, nix the campfire
- Dawn Hatch on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county