Climate Change and the West
After seeing a talk by climate activist Tim DeChristopher, the author wonders: which energy source is the lesser of many evils?
Sailors' journals detailing the weather of voyages past could improve the accuracy of climate models' projections of the future.
Sarah Gilman and KDNK's Nelson Harvey talk about why environmentalists in certain communities are divided about the appropriate way to address climate change.
Reviving a small hydroelectric plant on Castle Creek was supposed to help the city's utility get closer to providing 100 percent carbon free electricity as part of an effort to fight climate change. Instead, it's kicked up a furor.
The Golden State's new cap-and-trade program aims to cut greenhouse gas emissions while avoiding the pitfalls of similar attempts.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?