Climate Change and the West
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
The war between the fossil fuel industry and Big Green may boil down to who can tell the best story.
As climate change sends bears searching for calories, new research suggests there's no substitute for seals.
Former Reclamation Commissioner Daniel Beard tells how defunct water policy, and the bureau itself, contribute to drought.
A mysterious algae known as “rock snot” is smothering wild rivers — and may hold clues to their future.
Blazes in California and Utah have officials on alert, but what they spell for the coming season is unclear.
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands