Climate Change and the West
Flooding a dry riverbed restored vegetation, but released significant amounts of methane and carbon dioxide.
Government regulations forced the Yup’ik to give up their semi-nomadic existence. Now, the land where they settled is vanishing.
- Larry Glickfeld on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Barbara Cella on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Randy Welch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Todd McWelch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Tom Darnell on In Northern New Mexico, a piñon-nut culture is vanishing