A collection of High Country News articles concerning public policy and the environment.
Montana Human Rights Network and attorney general's office fight against increasing influence and influx of radical right hate groups.
“Returning” lands to states has long been a party plank and a shifting political landscape could open the door.
Democratic candidate Misty Snow is progressive, transgender and, she says, increasingly representative of Utah.
As Western states outpace the national average on gun suicides, one group looks to sellers for help.
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, a twelfth-generation Latino-American, works politely and quietly but stubbornly to protect the West’s environment in polarized times.
- Mike Carnall on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- John F Mijer on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Eric Clark on Go ahead, control my guns
- Mark Bailey on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California