A collection of High Country News articles concerning public policy and the environment.
Only a handful of seats are truly up for grabs, including two in the West, and they’re being fiercely contested.
The use of initiatives and referenda - direct democracy - to change the law for environmental reasons faces a challenge when big money enters the picture.
While some environmental groups support the water bond on Tuesday's ballot, some call it "mystery meat."
Democrat Walt Minnick and incumbent Republican Sen. Larry Craig fall into clear party lines in their views on many issues.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation