A collection of High Country News articles concerning public policy and the environment.
The project was mothballed under Obama. Now some Republicans seem determined to bring it back out — again.
The Montana Farmers Union is fighting political polarization with pragmatic discussions about how to adapt and what to expect.
Will an unprecedented collaborative effort and lots of tax dollars be enough to finally save sage grouse?
Local officials want Pueblo County, Colorado, to be the best place to grow, but not everyone’s high on the idea.
This Washington insider’s ‘hidden hand’ has guided the environmental achievements of presidents for two decades.
The Supreme Court wants the Environmental Protection Agency to weigh human health against costs to industry.
State attorney general may challenge the emissions limit, though a top state environment official supports it.
Loggers and environmental activists are determined to restore Montana's Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest, with or without the help of the Forest Service.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas