Available Digital-Editions of High Country News
Lessons from the fossil fuel boom and bust in New Mexico, rock snot stream ecology, water delivery in rural Navajo communities and more.
Unite and Conquer
Profile of the former Las Vegas water czar Pat Mulroy, solutions to rampant dust in Owen’s River Valley, community solar comes of age in the West, and more.
A long-standing dispute in Utah’s Escalante watershed comes to a head, wastewater spills in North Dakota oilfields, a statistician looks at the future of the shale oil boom, and more.
This Land is Their Land
Public land access problems frustrate hikers and hunters; why greens are mad at the California governor; how balanced rocks can help us predict earthquake risk; explorations in an urban wilderness.
What Are We Thinking?
A High Country News special issue on the future of environmental ideas.
The Dust Detectives
New research from dust experts, non-native goats in the La Sal Mountains, new drone laws, Navajo Nation presidential election and more.
The Great Salmon Compromise
A massive compromise to save Columbia Basin salmon, Gunnison sage grouse gets protection, pet tortoises still threaten wild ones, and a fresh look at wolves’ impacts on Yellowstone.
- Rick Derevan on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- James C Nelson on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Mark Rozman on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Karl Anderson on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Paul Thomson on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies