This intense fire was set by Forest Service fire managers over the objection of local managers and residents. It burned Old Growth and created accelerated erosion but did nothing to stop the wildfire burning miles away.
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day