This intense fire was set by Forest Service fire managers over the objection of local managers and residents. It burned Old Growth and created accelerated erosion but did nothing to stop the wildfire burning miles away.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town