Given all the sad news and images out of the Gulf lately, particularly of oil-covered fauna like birds, I thought I'd highlight this reader-submitted photo of two happy and healthy Western sandpipers - as a reminder that there are still some things right with the world.
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jim Schumont on Stop the rock-stacking
- Kate Schimel on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness