Given all the sad news and images out of the Gulf lately, particularly of oil-covered fauna like birds, I thought I'd highlight this reader-submitted photo of two happy and healthy Western sandpipers - as a reminder that there are still some things right with the world.
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe