Given all the sad news and images out of the Gulf lately, particularly of oil-covered fauna like birds, I thought I'd highlight this reader-submitted photo of two happy and healthy Western sandpipers - as a reminder that there are still some things right with the world.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback