Given all the sad news and images out of the Gulf lately, particularly of oil-covered fauna like birds, I thought I'd highlight this reader-submitted photo of two happy and healthy Western sandpipers - as a reminder that there are still some things right with the world.
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?
- Carol Bartlett on Could fugitive methane help out remote communities?