Like most Americans, I can't say I know much about the governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin.
But I have read that during her relatively brief tenure, she's been a reformer who fought to raise taxes on oil companies, and then used the money to distribute $1,200 checks to Alaska residents.
This could be a winning tactic for the GOP ticket if they promise to do this on a national scale, but for some reason, I suspect it won't be part of the platform.
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Peter Sandrock on Reflecting on the tragedy of the young 'invincibles'
- Roy Frybarger on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Julia Duin on Charles Bowden on The War Next Door