Like most Americans, I can't say I know much about the governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin.
But I have read that during her relatively brief tenure, she's been a reformer who fought to raise taxes on oil companies, and then used the money to distribute $1,200 checks to Alaska residents.
This could be a winning tactic for the GOP ticket if they promise to do this on a national scale, but for some reason, I suspect it won't be part of the platform.
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane
- Andy Grosland on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy