Like most Americans, I can't say I know much about the governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin.
But I have read that during her relatively brief tenure, she's been a reformer who fought to raise taxes on oil companies, and then used the money to distribute $1,200 checks to Alaska residents.
This could be a winning tactic for the GOP ticket if they promise to do this on a national scale, but for some reason, I suspect it won't be part of the platform.
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog