Items by Zachary Smith
Although the Cook pack was destroyed by federal wildlife agents after the wolves killed 70 sheep north of McCall, Idaho, both environmentalists and the Fish and Wildlife Service say the wolf program is doing well
A genetically engineered form of creeping bentgrass, designed to be resistant to the herbicide Roundup, could creep from the golf courses it’s intended for to nearby public lands
Assistant Interior Secretary Lynn Scarlett wants Congress to give the Bureau of Land Management increased incentive to sell off more public lands
Citizen-proposed wilderness areas in the West are the latest battleground in the war over oil and gas drilling on the public lands
Bidding on oil and gas leases for conservation purposes in places like Delta County, Colo., could prove to be a risky strategy, some environmentalists warn
- Joan E. Miller on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Warren Anderson on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?