Items by Wayne Hare
The second edition of John Ravage's book, Black Pioneers: Images of the Black Experience on the North American Frontier, illuminates the roles blacks played in settling the West.
Unhappy campers or rabid animals don't scare the author, but the pervasive influence of the NRA sure does.
Wayne Hare, a ranger for the Bureau of Land Management, says giving hiring preference to minorities in federal jobs is just a myth.
As an African-American, Wayne Hare appreciates Black History Month, but looks forward to a time when the U.S. can celebrate its identity as a nation of non-hyphenated Americans.
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Mike Carnall on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- John F Mijer on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems