Items by Wayne Hare
The second edition of John Ravage's book, Black Pioneers: Images of the Black Experience on the North American Frontier, illuminates the roles blacks played in settling the West.
Unhappy campers or rabid animals don't scare the author, but the pervasive influence of the NRA sure does.
Wayne Hare, a ranger for the Bureau of Land Management, says giving hiring preference to minorities in federal jobs is just a myth.
As an African-American, Wayne Hare appreciates Black History Month, but looks forward to a time when the U.S. can celebrate its identity as a nation of non-hyphenated Americans.
- Dale Lockwood on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Thomas Arvensis on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Ed Morrow on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Kate Schimel on Let’s be clear: TSA’s new tactics are bribery
- Blair French on Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence