Items by Wayne Hare
The second edition of John Ravage's book, Black Pioneers: Images of the Black Experience on the North American Frontier, illuminates the roles blacks played in settling the West.
Unhappy campers or rabid animals don't scare the author, but the pervasive influence of the NRA sure does.
Wayne Hare, a ranger for the Bureau of Land Management, says giving hiring preference to minorities in federal jobs is just a myth.
As an African-American, Wayne Hare appreciates Black History Month, but looks forward to a time when the U.S. can celebrate its identity as a nation of non-hyphenated Americans.
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation