Items by Wayne Hare
The second edition of John Ravage's book, Black Pioneers: Images of the Black Experience on the North American Frontier, illuminates the roles blacks played in settling the West.
Unhappy campers or rabid animals don't scare the author, but the pervasive influence of the NRA sure does.
Wayne Hare, a ranger for the Bureau of Land Management, says giving hiring preference to minorities in federal jobs is just a myth.
As an African-American, Wayne Hare appreciates Black History Month, but looks forward to a time when the U.S. can celebrate its identity as a nation of non-hyphenated Americans.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust