Items by Traci J. Macnamara
John Nichols’ latest novel tells the story of an aging writer who wants to climb one last peak to redeem his mistakes and restore his relationship with his children.
Two new books tackle the mystery of Everett Ruess, who vanished somewhere in the Four Corners region in 1934.
Laura Bell's new memoir, Claiming Ground, tells of her years spent working as a Wyoming sheepherder.
- Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- Grand Canyon superintendent retires after harassment investigation
- Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?
- As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Andrew Sleeper on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Pat Martin on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Steve Snyder on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions