Items by Traci J. Macnamara
John Nichols’ latest novel tells the story of an aging writer who wants to climb one last peak to redeem his mistakes and restore his relationship with his children.
Two new books tackle the mystery of Everett Ruess, who vanished somewhere in the Four Corners region in 1934.
Laura Bell's new memoir, Claiming Ground, tells of her years spent working as a Wyoming sheepherder.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town