Items by Tim McNulty
Washington state's much-hyped "Forests and Fish" plan is being criticized by scientists, environmentalists, fishermen and tribes as a sell-out to the timber industry likely to hasten the salmon's decline.
The environmental and community challenges brought to Washington's Olympic Peninsula by runaway sprawl and development have some 're-inhabiting locals' almost nostalgic for the clear-cut timber companies of 30 years ago.
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands